Thursday, July 28, 2011

the city of love


I love my mom's job. It's given me opportunities to travel places I would never be able to go otherwise. It's also a nice perk having my DG sisters all over the world so I can go visit them! One of my pledge sisters, Katie, has been doing a study abroad in Paris for the past three months. Another pledge sister, Allie, and I decided we wanted to go out and visit her for a few days! I've always dreamed of going to Paris and it was so much more than I could've ever imagined.

We arrived in France on Sunday. We spent the day wandering the city. The first place we stopped was a little cafe called Les Deux Magots for some coffee. We got to watch the Tour de France from the Notre Dame which was incredible. We went to the Louvre and continued to explore the city for the rest of the day.

Monday, we went to Sacre Coeur which is a famous cathedral. It was amazing! We also went to the Eiffel Tower. It was exactly like in the pictures, only about 10x as big as I imagined. It was absolutely beautiful! We climbed all 701 stairs and looked out at the city from the top. It was an amazing view of the entire city!

Tuesday, we went to the Luxemborg Gardens and made our way back to the Louvre. We also went to the Arc de Triomphe because we couldn't get there before due to the race! It was massive!! That night, we went back to the Eiffel Tower to see it lit up at night and to watch it sparkle. It was by far the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I tried to get pictures of it, but they just don't do it justice. I highly recommend that everyone make the journey to Paris to see that at least once it their life. Definitely a must see and I will be going back as soon as possible! I am in love with this city and want to move there someday.





























































































No comments:

Post a Comment