Monday, October 4, 2010

a little ΔΓ lovin

I just started my freshman year up at the U and I am loving it! I went through rush and, of course, went DG! It truly has been the best thing ever!! I could not be happier! We have the best pledge class and I love every single girl!! It has made it so I've met so many new people that I never would have met otherwise.


Today, I am especially thankful for DG. I'm not sure why today was so great, but as I was driving home, I realized how my short time in DG has been the happiest I've been in a long time. I really do have 32 new best friends that I will have for the rest of my life. I am so grateful that we are all so close and have bonded so well! I love all of the actives too and I really appreciate everything they do for us cause it's a lot and I don't know what we would do without them! Let's not forget my big, Neela! She is absolutely amazing and I am SOO lucky to have her as my big sis!!!


I've been fortunate enough to grow up with two sisters, but it's not quite the same because they are so young. People always say there is nothing like sisterhood and it is now finally hitting me. I've watched the way my mom and her six sisters interact and I always wish things with my sisters and I were like that but it's hard when we are still growing up. Being around my "sisters" that are my age, though, has given me that sisterhood bond that I've always wanted. I now understand that there truly isn't anything like sisterhood. It was like an instant bond. From the second we all got our bids, we were best friends. I felt like I had known every single one of my pledge sisters my whole life. I can't wait to see how our friendship progresses even more because I know for sure that these are the girls I will be turning to for the rest of my life, calling when something important happens, and having as my bridesmaids at my wedding.


Speaking of instant bonds, there is my big, Neela. I was lucky enough to have her as my HannahBud on bid day. I didn't know her before then but she welcomed me in and took care of me! I'd been having a rough week the week of rush and at one of our bid day activities, the stress was just too much. I broke down (which is so unlike me!) and Neela came to my rescue. She stayed with me until she knew I was okay and that meant so much to me. She truly acted like the older sister I've always wanted right from the second I met her. We bonded even more throughout the day and she made sure that I had THE BEST night possible. I'm so happy that she is my big now!!! I know I can always call her up if I'm having a bad day or if I want to do something crazy and she will know exactly what to do! I can't wait to get to know her even better!!! I love you Neela!!!


Well that was a lot for one post, but I just have so much love for DG, and as this is my first post, I had tons to say!! ΔΓ ♥ ⚓



3 comments:

  1. Yea!!! Love it kenz!!! Sounds like you're doing good and having tonz of fun. i'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a blog?!?!?! i love this post kenz. you are truly an amazing dg already. can't wait to see what you can do for our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i just barely got it last night!! my aunt (haley^^) has been telling me to get one for a while and i finally gave in! I LOVE DG!!!!

    ReplyDelete