Thursday, October 7, 2010

sister spotlight


The Daisy Poem
If I had my life to live over again,
I would try to make more mistakes next time.
I would relax.  I would limber up.
I would be sillier than I have been this time.
I would be less hygienic.  I would take more chances.
I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers,
And watch more sunsets.
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
I would have more actual troubles and less imaginary ones.
But I have had my moments.
And if I had them to do again, I would have more of them.
Fast moments, one after another.
Instead of living so many years…
So many years ahead of each day.
If I had it to do over again,
Next time I would start barefooted earlier in the spring.
And stay that way later in the fall.
I would play hookie much more.
I wouldn’t make such good grades, except by accident.
I would have more headaches,
And drink more tomato juice.
I would go to more dances.
I would ride more merry-go-rounds.
And I would pick more daisies.
Rather than spotlighting one of my pledge sisters today, I'd like to take the time to spotlight one of our national sisters, Carly Henley. She was a member of Delta Gamma at the University of Washington. She was a singer/songwriter and was very talented and had a lot going for her! (Feel free to check out her music page at http://www.myspace.com/carlyhenley) Today, we were informed that she passed away. Although none of us knew her, we still feel sorrow and loss for Delta Gamma as a whole. The love all the girls in DG have is not just for their chapter, it is for the whole organization nationwide. DG's everywhere are remembering Carly and extending their love and support to her chapter. Carly will be missed by many and we keep her and our sisters at the University of Washington in our thoughts and prayers. ΔΓ ♥ ⚓

No comments:

Post a Comment