Wednesday, October 13, 2010

more germany :)

Today was, yet again, another great day! I talked to my baby girl Cate on skype for a while and it was so so great :) Then, we went into a town called Darmstadt. We looked around at some historic stuff and did some shopping, of course! Hendrik told me that his grandparents tell him stories about how over 80% of this town was destroyed in World War II and they remember the entire town being in constant flames and tons of other gruesome memories that I will spare you :) But I brought an extra bag in case my suitcase was too full on the way home and I'm pretty sure it's going to be stuffed full of all my chocolate and gummy bears! Anywayssss, I got this awesome jacket that almost every teenage girl in Europe has and I love it! It's so warm and comfy :) It's pretty much just the best. We went to this great cafe while we were there and had yummy coffee, so that was great too! Later, we met up with Hendrik's parents and sister and went to this delicious restaurant for dinner where we had typical German food. It was soo good! I'm really loving it here and it's gonna be weird going back to the US cause I'm adjusting to how everything here works and the culture and everything. Plus, I'm meeting tons of people and I don't want to leave them!! The only things that have been hard about being here are not having all of the amazing food I'm used to (not that the food here isn't great too, it's just not the same!) and not knowing the language. I'm starting to pick up on little parts that I didn't already know but I've also gotten used to just tuning out what people are saying and only coming into the conversation when I hear a word I know or when Julia and her friends start speaking English to me! :) It's weird though because I have to talk really slow and sometimes rethink what I'm saying and repeat it in a different way that is easier for people to understand. Most people understand a lot of English though, so that's always a plus!
This is an awesome Russian church that we saw in Darmstadt
I tried on a hat and I felt like an elf! Haha
Side view of the elf hat :)

Tomorrow's my last day and I'm so excited for it, but I'm sad to already be leaving cause I've had suuuch a great time :) ΔΓ ♥ ⚓

No comments:

Post a Comment