Thursday, October 14, 2010

the last day :(



Today was my last full day in Germany :( It was sooo fun though! We went out into Pfungstadt and wandered the town a little and I tried this delicious food called döner. I don't even know what it was, but it's something I was told I had to try while I was here! After that, we went to this awesome swimming pool! It had probably 10 different pools and each one had a different theme to it. Like one of them, if you went underwater, you could hear music. And another had a rainforest theme and made it feel like you were in the rainforest because of the lighting and what not. It was so much fun! I also met his grandparents today! They were really really nice! I loved them!! Germany is really growing on me. I'm excited to be coming home, but I'm so sad to be leaving. I've met so many great people and I'm finally getting used to the culture and everything. I even started picking up on what people were talking about, although I still have to talk to them like they're five years old so they can understand my English. Haha. I had to say goodbye to Alix tonight. She's become like a sister to me. Hendrik even thinks we look like sisters. She is such a cute little girl and I'm going to miss her! Their family has been so great to me and so generous and I am really going to miss all of them too!! 
This is the Pfungstader brewery.. Hendrik's favorite place. Hahah just kidding :)
This is Hendrik's church

So, I decided I wanted to curl my hair today.. Yeah, well, that didn't work out so well. I started doing the first curl and did everything how I normally would. When I unwrapped my hair, it kind of stuck and I got it off and it looked like it had stuff stuck in it. I figured the curling iron must have had something on it. I went to go pick it out and my hair broke and fell out. Yeah. It burnt/melted my hair. It smelled soo bad. And now I'm missing a nice chunk on the underlayer of my hair. It's so short, I just about cried. I'm over it now though. Note to self: don't try to curl your hair in a foreign country.

Me and my nice chunk of hair that is now gone :(

I've had so much fun while I've been here and these memories are going to last a lifetime :) ΔΓ

No comments:

Post a Comment